Friday, February 25, 2005

I have seen the future

And it scares me.

Post reading the serious stuff in today’s news paper (the cartoon's lah), I turned to the crappy stuff which comes along with the news paper. Lo and Behold, what do I see?

I see a future which John Connor’s had. (Remember Sara Connor’s son? From the Terminator movies?)

Four bits of information has hit me today, I think I will take half a byte and make it into a blog.

One : the availability of a virtual girlfriend on a mobile phone
Two : a product called de Bono Thinking 24x7™
Three : work going on in the field of tactile recognition and force feedback
Four : the work Honda is doing on robotics

I can see that you are wondering as to where I am going with these little piggies.

With all kind of mergers and acquisitions happening around, at such an hectic accelerate pace I might add, how long do you think it will be before all these technologies belong to bill gates (or who ever else is there in the future) ?

When this happens, you will have an Asimo, running dBT 24x7™ having full functional tactile recognition system (with force feedback of course) and who talks intelligent.

This by itself is not scary, but envisage a future filled with such Replicants? You get it now?

Anyone remember the movie “Blade Runner”?

Anyone’s thoughts went to Isaac Asimov when reading this? And did the book “I, Robot” pop into your mind?

I hope the guys who would be working on the future “Replicants” remember the three laws.

There already seems to be dissent on the three laws of robotics.

I have seen the future and it works.

No comments: