Tuesday, January 24, 2006

happy trails (comet)



journal entry dated 19th January 2006 :
nasa dc-8 stardust mission was a great success. all initial reports from johnson space center looked great. the scientists were ecstatic and happy, they all got down to analysing the collected samples.


journal entry dated 29th January 2006:
on the NASA website. the normally immaculately dressed doctors, i have been noticing over the past few days, were looking totally in disarray, i was wondering why. was the stress of the project getting to them? No one in NASA seems worried.




journal entry dated 31st january 2006:
i push my wheel chair to the tiny window of my small apartment, and look out of my window. curious. the normal bustling streets below seems to be looking deserted, with just a few people walking around in a hapazard manner. i ignore this, thinking that this might be because of the usual political protests, police blocking movement into the street.




journal entry dated 4th february 2006:
the unsual silence around the apartment and the streets were slowly getting to me. all my server logs and the hit counters on my webpage seem to be indicating that web traffic was normal, the visitor patterns were looking absolutly normal. my dread is increasing, though there is nothing to indicate that anything is amiss.




journal entry dated 5th february 2006:
something is up, it was not just me that has been observing the changes that have been happening. a few of the bloggers whose posting i persue deligently, from yesterday,have been commenting or making observations along the same lines as me. i am perturbed.




journal entry dated 9th february 2006:
i have not posted much on my journal in the last few days, i have been actively pursuing my investigations on the web,(i wish i had not given up on my television, when it broke down about 2 years back). my investigations confirm that something is wrong. it looks like people are disappearing in large numbers, and this seems to be instantanous. some of my reports indicate that there have been cases when two people are talking, one end goes silent,suddenly. this report was curious, when the people at the other end of the telephone get this checked, they see that the telephone is lying in a reducing puddle of bluish white frothy gel.




Journal entry dated 4th may 2006:
The airwave are dead, there are no transmission happening, my wi-fi hotspot is dead. The only people left on the world seem to be bloggers and blog readers. The heart wrenching appeal posted on boing boing to all the bloggers to meet where ever they are and get together and procreate to create the future generations seems to have signaled the end of the “invasion� of what the bloggers called the gillette virus.




Journal entry dated 15th may 2006:
This would be my last post to my journal for a long time. I am getting out of this city, my leg seems to have healed quite well and I am able to walk and climb quite well. I am planning to hit the hills and live off the land for as long as I can. There must be a reason why I had a broken leg just before the dc-8 missions was completed. The enforced seclusion with only my desktop as company for the 20 odd days before the break seems to have built up my immunity to the gillette virus, one theory going around, talks of the radiation from the monitor generating immunity in a person…who cares now. I have a higher purpose in life and I am going to find out my purpose.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff. Shades of Koontz, King. Maybe even some Bradbury and Herbert. :-)

paul v said...

thanks chris. ;)

solo is great. thanks to you i have for the first time looked at del.icio.us and blinklist.

blinglist is huge! wow.